Sunday, March 29, 2015

Everything is about to change!!!

Hi Everyone,

This post is very near and dear to my heart. At first I wasn't going to share my story with everyone. But then I carefully thought and realized that by writing this post I can help others in the future. The goal of this post is not only to help people with this project but also with life in general. This project has made me realize how valuable life is and that sometimes when you love something it is best to set it free.

On Thursday I felt light headed in English. After getting a drink, I felt fine. But later that night around 11:45 I felt light headed again. I was honestly scared to fall asleep, I thought if I fell asleep I wouldn't be able to wake up again. Every small movement made me dizzy. So I ended up in the Emergency Room. After getting fluids through an IV and getting many lab tests they told me the cause of my dizziness was uncertain. Although the doctor was sure that stress, sleep deprivation and dehydration were big factors. That whole week I hadn't slept before 1 am and my stress level was so high that drinking water was the last thing on my mind. After I went home at 2:45 am I slept in and relaxed for a few hours but most of my weekend was spent throbbing in pain to the point where I couldn't sleep at all. I felt like my head would explode.

It was a scary experience. I do understand that I had stress for many reasons but the biggest one was this club. I thought my idea was taken away after all my hard work. But now I have decided to let it go. My parents have always told me how important health is. I learned this the hard way. In one of my previous posts I said that changing my project was like giving up. But I understand that I couldn't be more wrong with that statement. I am not giving up on my project I am letting it go. It's like setting it free for something better. I know that whoever takes the lead in the already established culture club will do a great job, and I would like to wish them all the best! In my next post I am going to introduce my new project but until then it'll be a surprise.

So I have learned and I am posting this to help others. Please take care of yourself first! I stretched myself in so many directions that it was impossible for me to function properly. That is probably the worst thing I could do and the consequence for this was a risk to my health. I am still in pain, my head still feels like it will explode but my heart is no longer heavy. Whoever said follow your heart but take your brain with you was really right. I am following my heart now with careful consideration/thought. I am going to fulfill a new goal while protecting my health.

I am thanking God for giving me strength to make it through this tough time and giving me hope for a better tomorrow. Also a big shout out to my family, teachers, and friends who have supported me throughout this stressful journey. I love you guys!


With Love,
Vrushangi

3 comments:

  1. I respect your descision and would like to point out, I Sam Mohiddin offered the president seat and tryed to help, just to clear the air and to stop further insulting snippy quips which contain profanity and threats to me and my household. Good luck on your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great message! Even though this post is for English, it still moved me and I wanted to make sure you knew how great it was:) I'm very excited to see what your next topic is, I'm certain anything you come up with will be fantastic. Keep your head up, the most important thing to life is being happy. My project is about maintaining a balance in my life and forcing myself to make time for myself...so I know exactly where you are coming from. I hope you are feeling better! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Megan! Your comment has made me feel so much better and lifted my spirits. Thank you for recognizing my work. I am feeling better, thanks for asking. I agree completely being happy is so important and that's my goal. I'm glad you and I can relate! I can't wait to read your blog because maintaining a balance in life is so important especially junior year❤️

    ReplyDelete