Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Starting a Club

Hey Everyone,

As you know my last post was in Spanish, so in this one I will basically say what I said before and add some new information. In my last post I wrote about starting a club and how it is a hard process. I also talked about the things I want to see in my club. I really hope all of this works out well.

I know I have taken on a challenge for myself but I think that is the point of 20-time. I don't think going for something easy is the best option for me. Challenges are fun and the joy in accomplishing them is one of a kind because you get to tell people about your achievements and what you learned from your failures. Overall, this even applies to life.  I think this is the hardest part of my project, starting it! But I feel like once its all set up and running I will be able to enjoy this project a little more. But then again, starting anything is hard, the fun starts once you get into it! I am hoping for a club that will help my school become more aware about all the beautiful cultures there are. Culture is such a beautiful thing and it can bring us all together and that is my goal for this club. I want to show people that putting aside our differences we are really similar. I am researching a lot about other cultural clubs around the country. I think the research , while it is hard, will be worth while and helpful to get started.

I am also reading The Alchemist for my choice book. I wanted to chose something closer to leadership but then I came across this book and the book is a fable about following your dreams. That's when it hit me. This book is perfect because following my dream is exactly what I am doing and that's what everyone should do. I like the book so far because it keeps me wondering. Just like life! You never know what's  in store for you :)

With love,
V

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I encourage you to use the final product as motivation to get started :)

    ReplyDelete