Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Tennis and Twenty Time! Am I falling behind?

Hi Everyone,

I have missed so much 20-time in class because of tennis and that makes me sad. Even though I am school excused it still doesn't make up for lost time. I miss being in class and I have to leave early this Friday as well for another tennis match and the Friday after that. But next Friday is our last match! It's sad that the season is coming to an end but at the same time I'm happy that I won't be missing so much school. Its hard to get caught up but most teachers are very nice about make up work.

Anyways, I have finally turned in my final document to Mr.Frye, the NHS supervisor. I really hope he likes it. I told him to make changes. At this point I am going to use any advice I get. The more teachers that see my plan, the better. It's only for the betterment of the program and my school. I am going to be presenting my program at the next NHS meeting because all the 10th graders will be there. I am nervous because I don't know how many people will sign up. I am even more nervous to speak at Parent Night. I guess it's fair to say that I am feeling many emotions right now but happiness overtakes all of that.

I am really proud of myself because I have accomplished a mini goal with 20-time. I wrote out my speech for Freshmen Night. It's three paragraphs long but I want to make sure I get my point across. In my speech I start by welcoming and thanking the parents for coming and explain who I am and why I am there. Then I explain the program itself. In the last paragraph I thank them again and emphasize the point that Freshmen First is a program that includes all Freshmen. I even read the speech to two of my teachers and they really liked it. Now my next few goals include introducing my project to NHS members and parents in the community. Wish me luck, it's much needed.

In English I am still reading The Alchemist and I love the language in that book. I feel like it really relates to me and my project. Plus, there are so many wonderful quotes. I can't believe I am almost done with the book. I know I'll have to find a new book in the next couple of days but I do recommended this one. The book's main theme is following your dreams and that is what 20-time is, either following you dreams, or something you love.

I am hoping to be caught up by this weekend. High school can be overwhelming especially junior year but since I am doing something I love, I know I will do my best.

With Love,
Vrushangi

No comments:

Post a Comment