Thursday, April 23, 2015

A Night to Remember

Hi Everyone,


I just got back from pitch night and it was beyond amazing. The most amazing feeling in the world is being recognized and appreciated regarding work that you have done. Today I was honored to feel that way. From 6:30 to 8 I met so many amazing people. Pitch night was such a wonderful experience for me. I introduced Freshmen First to my community and received tremendous support. People even congratulated me and many people told me how great this was. But one person really changed everything for me.


There were three people who came to me together. I introduced my project in Spanish and then further explained it in English. I wanted them to know that my actual point in creating this program was to make sure every freshmen felt included and found their place in high school. The mom talked to me very nicely and even told me that she was tearing up because now she knew that her son would have support when he got to high school. I will never forget meeting this wonderful woman. I am so touched and honored to know that my project can help so many people. This meeting along with all the others were better than any award I could ever receive. When you see something you are passionate about come to life, it changes everything.


I would gladly do something like this again! I love talking and sharing my ideas as well as learning about others and I think Pitch night did that for me.  A question that came up a lot was how I would sustain this program. I think the best way to sustain this program is to introduce it through NHS to build accountability and that is exactly what I told everyone.


I also ran into one of the most amazing English teachers from school. She suggested I introduce this program during freshmen parent night in May. I felt so honored and I can't wait to talk to her in the near future to set everything up.


Even as I write this I am still thinking about all the wonderful people I met and will have the honor of meeting through this program. I want everyone to know that this program is to make sure everyone belongs and has the support they deserve when making such a big transition.  I can't wait to speak about this program at parent night and get mentors from NHS.


So if your are going to be a junior or senior in NHS next year make sure to attend the next meeting so you can learn more about this program.


If you are a parent I met tonight, I want to thank you for coming! It means a lot when we, as students, receive support from the community.
A big shoutout to Ms.Hechlik and Mrs.Bonotto for putting together pitch night. I love you guys!


If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions please feel free to leave your comments below. I would love to hear from all of you!


With Love,
Vrushangi





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the fair boosted your energy and spirit. You will change the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fair was so amazing! Thank you, you are too kind!!!

      Delete