Sunday, February 22, 2015

The art of blogging

Hey Everyone,

My name is Vrushangi Shah and I am a junior in high school. I always had a curiosity for the art of blogging.  Somewhere I always wanted to do it but never found the time. Life kept on passing me by, and here I am almost done with junior year. All of this is a shock to me because I feel like I can go back to freshman year in the blink of an eye. As the craziness of high school surrounded me I couldn't find time to complete my simple pleasure in life like reading or watching movies. But when my English and Spanish teachers introduced the 20-time project I knew within the overwhelming amount of freedom of this project, there would be fun. I say overwhelming because when 20-time was introduced we were asked to find our passion. This project, for me at least, was way too much freedom and not enough instructions. So to be honest I struggled a lot picking a passion. I wanted to do everything but I knew that was irrational. So after talking with both of my teachers it finally struck me! 

I could combine two of my passions into one. If you know me you know I love talking and inspiring people but I also have an equal love for culture and spreading awareness. So as I was talking to my English teacher  told her that I had a desire to start an Indian Student Association for my high school. She told me that I should do that. As I told my friends and classmates my idea they showed interest and told me they'd join. So yet again I changed my idea to just starting a cultural club to include everyone.  So here I am, hopefully this is my final idea. I am in the planning and research phase. I can't wait to write again. 

With Love,
Vrushangi 

9 comments:

  1. This. Is. Going. To. Be. Epic. Thanks for taking on the challenge. I look forward to your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I am really excited! Hope everything goes well. Thank you for your continuous support, its been an a great year so far and I look forward to new memories in the coming months!! :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I really like the idea of a culture club and am excited to see how it turns out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you on the whole overwhelming aspect of this project, but your idea sounds awesome! I'm so excited to be supporting you through the whole process! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, you're so sweet! I am excited but nervous too!

      Delete
  4. You are the PERFECT candidate to take on this challenge! I am so excited for you and for Dow High and the world! :) Please let me know how I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES I need to join your new club! I am so excited that you are doing something like this at Dow High, it is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete